1. Less is MORE. When I was a young runner I was
2. I have learned that running is not the only thing that defines me as a person... I have just in the last couple of years realized this little gem, and it is actually quite a liberating feeling.
3. We have a saying in our house, "Can't walks on won't street." I have learned that you CAN keep going long after you think you can't.
4. Being a Mom is HARD. I am so grateful to have two fabulous kidlets who bring out the best/worst in me and teach me how to be a better person.
5. Pursue your goals and never give up!
6. Believing is everything! Believe in yourself. Believe in your goals. Running is 98% mental! If you believe you can, YOU WILL ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS! It really is that simple!
7. Don't take anything for granted. Especially your abilities, your family and your friends. Always be grateful. Let the people you care about know that they are important in your life.
8. Maintain a strong sense of humor.
9. Be flexible. I am a creature of habit and change is very hard for me. Being flexible with a training schedule or in life for that matter, is a great asset to have. If you miss a run, it isn't the end of the world. Sometimes you just have to make adjustments.
10. Anything worth having/achieving/keeping is going to take lots of hard work and effort. Finding the joy in the journey is key!