Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Inspirational...

This past week we decided not to go up  to Missoula for the marathon. Gas prices being so high, I just couldn't justify the trip.  All week I have been feeling really discouraged and melancholy because tomorrow would be the big day.  I was reading my friend, Nurse Heidi's blog tonight and she had a video of Dick & Rick Hoyt, better known as Team Hoyt.  What an inspiration they are! Watching these made me want to be better; a better Mom and  a better runner. Being discouraged because I didn't get to run my race is silly.  There will always another race!  Watch and enjoy these videos!


3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I'm sorry you couldn't do your race. I know how disappointing that is. There will always be another one...irritating to hear, but true. I'm looking forward to doing Ogden with you next year, and my sister is on board to join us as well.

Running Chick said...

I've been a fan of the Hoyts for a few years now; I even read their book and wrote a paper on cerebral palsy for school. They certainly know how to help folks keep things in perspective!

Leslie said...

Ah man, I'm sorry you couldn't do Missoula, it sounded so beautiful and I'm sure you were excited. Don't you just hate that some people sit back and get rich (oil companies) while others have to adjust their lives to survive?
There's always Deseret News on Thursday though! I'm sure it's not full yet, I don't think it every fills up completely. I know I didn't give it an overwhelmingly good review, but it really was good. Very pretty and fast, and now that you'd have fresh legs I don't think it'd be as painful. Anyway, good luck!
Hopefully I'll see you again before then, but if not maybe we'll see eachother at St George.