Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"12 Months of Motivation"

I got my Runners World 2009 Calendar in the mail the other day. I was so excited! I love perusing through the pages and getting motivated for the upcoming year. A few of my favorite quotes this time were:

"We run not because we think it is doing us good, but because we cannot help ourselves."~Sir Roger Bannister

"My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy." ~John Bryant

"Running is the big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?' ~Peter Maher

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and ran my 8 miles anyway. I thought I would just sweat the cold away...this morning my noggin was stuffy, my ears are plugged and I can't smell anything... which isn't so bad when dealing with those dirty diapers... Needless to say, but my plan did not work. So, I did not run this morning. I am just going to take it easy today and see how it goes. 

6 comments:

Marci said...

That looks like a great calender, does it come with your subscription? If so, I need to check my mailbox!

Unknown said...

I love the Peter Maher quote. I used to have that at the top of my blog. It helped me get out the door a few times last winter.

Carly said...

Love the quotes! I think I need to get that calendar.

I hope you feel better soon!

Carly said...

Love the quotes! I think I need to get that calendar.

I hope you feel better soon!

Joe said...

Ah yes. The runner's belief of just "running through it." As many times I've done that, I can say it's never worked. Yet I still do. I think I'm a slow learner.

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Brad Braden said...

lol, love the quotes.. it took me a few lines into the last paragraph to realize that it was not another quote.. lets say its from a lack of coffee.

Just came across your blog, look forward to reading more.

cheers.