Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sand Hollow Marathon



If you looking for a spring marathon then look no further! Sand Hollow Marathon is THE ONE! I just registered for it and can I tell you how excited I am to have another scenic marathon in my BACK YARD?! This year is the inaugural race and I think it is going to be fabulous! Mark your calendars for March 26, 2011. You can register here.

Let me tell you...Southern Utah is gorgeous, especially in the spring! Just look at this landscape...







The race starts in the small town of Hurricane, Utah and has a challenging and scenic loop course. You can read the course description here. Growing up in southern Utah and driving through Hurricane many times to get to Zion National Park, I KNOW this course is absolutely breathtaking. I have heard it said that it "kicks" the St George marathon for scenery. As you run you will be able to see many of the landmarks of the region.. Pine Valley Mountain, Zion National Park and the infamous Molly's Nipple... Yep, that IS the name of the mountain!


 Come run the Sand Hollow Marathon... I know you won't be disappointed!

 

6 comments:

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Would you rate it as the best marathon in Utah? Why?

I'm sure one day I will pick a marathon in Utah to run.

Stephanie said...

Your photos are beautiful. They make me want to visit Utah one day.

trailturtle said...

Just found your blog--looks like a good one :). I did Big Sur in 2008and 2009--an exhilarating and beautiful course and VERY well organized considering the task at hand. Thanks for the heads up on Sand Hollow marathon and for making me want to head back to Utah soon. We recently spent time in and around Zion and the GC. I just started a blog this year and, in the "kick-off" New Year's post, I have a pic of Hubby and me on Observation Pt in Zion--what a beautiful place! I'm not sure how many more marathons I can do, but I will HAVE to at least check this one out! Thanks again, Ann

Coy Martinez said...

Those pictures look amazing!! Think I might put this race on my list to run next year!

Coy Martinez said...

Those pictures are amazing! The Sand Hollow race looks like one I would love to run!

Coy Martinez said...

Those pictures are pretty convincing