Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Birthdays and Running



Well, today is my 37th birthday!  Wow, I'm getting old!  I found a little skin cancer on my stomach, and I'm starting to notice wrinkles around my eyes.  No, this is not going to be one of THOSE posts...I just want to say I feel great!  I ran a 15 mile run on Saturday and it went great, I tried a new "trick" that a friend of mine has done and I didn't get sick and I felt good the rest of the day, AND  had no bowel problems.  I alternated my hydration with accelerade  (has protein in it) and gatorade endurance (has more sodium than regular) and I ate a GU/Hammer Gel every 5 miles. Heidi, I like the raspberry, yummy!  It was a great combination. I am hoping maybe I found a solution to my problem. We'll see when race day comes, with the added fatigue and  stress, but for now, I am really excited to have found something that works!  Thanks Running Chick!

0 comments: